“STADHUIS” IN MAASTRICHT
The historic town hall located in the centre of Maastricht was built in 1659 and was the venue for the signing of the treaty establishing the European Union on 7 February 1992. As part of an elaborate general renovation, the building was modernised and, among others, furnished with Thonet chairs: more than 80 tubular steel cantilever chairs model S 61 V were used in the offices. The seat shells of the chairs are fully upholstered and covered with black nappa leather. Personalisation is one of the special features: the logo of the community of Maastricht was integrated in the top of the backrest. The mayor’s chair is also equipped with a backrest that is ten centimetres higher.